Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Describing archives (new feature at the mirror)

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Describing archives (new feature at the mirror)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 00:00:57 +0000

On 01 Apr 2004 16:25:34 -0500, Miles Bader wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 02:01:19AM -0500, James Blackwell wrote:
> > P.S. Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, !PLEASE! don't carbon copy me
> > if you are also sending to the list, at least not unless you're really
> > trying to annoy me. Pretty please?
>
> You should add Mail-Followup-To: and maybe that other-header-I-can't-
> remember-right-now; that may assist MUAs to do what you want automatically.

In mutt that James uses, it is enough to add a line to muttrc:

  subscribe arch-users

Of course, if one really wants to never receive duplicate messages, there
is always a solution that may be copy-pasted from procmailex(5) /msgid.
Works fine for me for the last 10 years.

P.S. I used to manually remove people from the mailing list replies, but
then was convinced that people who do not declare in headers they don't
want carbon copies, do actually want them (twice is better then none).

Regards,
Mikhael.