Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Packaging.

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Packaging.
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:31:25 +0200

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 15:37:31 -0500, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if there are any known tools for automating the
> process of creating tarballs of revisions from arch repositories.  So
> do you folks know of anything like
>
>   $ maketarball address@hidden/project--branch--version--revision
>
> I'm not yet ready to try creating an actual debian package.  Last time
> I looked at the docs for how to do so, they were horrid.
>
> I have checked the tla-tools debian package to no avail.  I've also
> searched the archives for this list for things like "package
> automation", etc.  Any ideas?

As others already said, most projects want to do additional things than
just to tar the files from arch, so it's not worth automation. But noone
seem to have mentioned the use of tla inventory command. You probably
want to use it in generating the list of files to export.

By the way, there IS a package to help maintaining debian packages in
tla -- tla-buildpackage (but having an upstream subproject with clean
sources might actualy be simpler).

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>