Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:11:42 +0100

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 02:57, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> I believe that the best solution is the smart library, the one that keeps
> the recently accessed revisions and removes the less requested ones.
> Smart cache is a very good solution too, it is easier to implement and
> it is faster, however it may require more disk space.

What kind of cache algorithm do you want to implement? LRU is probably
not a good idea for the expected usage pattern (somebody browses stuff
that rarely anyone looks at, that should not kill other stuff from the
cache etc...)
Take a look at ARC (google:ARC IBM cache), but it has a fixed page size
which is inappropriate here.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/