RE: [Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help

From: Parker, Ron
Subject: RE: [Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:09:04 -0600

In some respects the supermirror is kind of like Savannah, SourceForge or
archive.org.  That said, does anyone on-list have a clue how SourceForge
actually pays for its processing, storage and bandwidth expenses?  I can't
imagine that those banner ads that I always ignore cover it.  Savannah, I
assume, is funded out of FSF donations and other monies.  Perhaps
archive.org is fully funded through their donations as well, I don't know.
But from what we've seen donations barely keep Tom afloat.  (Don't you hate
it when your own words condemn you?  Serves as a reminder to send something
his way.  I'm waiting for Paypal's new system to decide I've given it enough
of my DNA to confirm I am who I say I am and I have given sufficient proof
that I own my bank account, debit card, etc.)  I think there may be a time
when his situation changes, but no matter what I don't expect anyone to get
rich off of arch.