Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:48:58 -0800

On Mar 10, 2004, at 11:40, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:

seems to be pretty common among tla users. I think it would be cool to have:

tla commit   --- commits to personal archive
tla parent-commit --- merge personal to remote, updating mirror in process.

I think that would be very, very cool, because your work pattern could be:

Do lots of incremental work, logging each step:
tla commit -s "changed hallo to hello" hw.c
tla commit -s "added punctuation" hw.c
tla commit -s "added new line" hw.c

Share changes with others:
tla parent-commit

That pretty much describes my offline workflow with branching. It's surely easier to implement that in your own scripts if the star-merge is too difficult (I don't believe it is).

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>