Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:44:01 -0600

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 17:18, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Unrelated: why does tla use
>     emacs/emacs--cvs-trunk/emacs--cvs-trunk--0
> rather than
>     emacs/cvs-trunk-/0-

Read the archive. Roughly, it makes some code simpler.

> Also why is it
>     {arch}/emacs/emacs--cvs-trunk/emacs--cvs-trunk--0/address@hidden/
> rather than the more "intuitive" (to me anyway)
>     {arch}/address@hidden/emacs/emacs--cvs-trunk/emacs--cvs-trunk--0/

Tom is of course the source for a definitive answer here. That said, the
way it's currently done seems reasonable: For cscvs, in
{arch}/cscvs/cscvs--experimental/cscvs--experimental--1.1, I have two
directories: address@hidden and
address@hidden, since I've merged some of Harold's
patches. To me, it makes some level of intuitive sense to know that what
I'm looking at is cscvs--experimental--1.1, and to want to know which
archives cscvs--experimental--1.1 patches have come from.

That said, though, I can see the existance of a valid counterargument
(ie. there's no guarantee that address@hidden/myprog--mainline
and address@hidden/myprog--mainline have anything at all to do
to each other). Tom?