Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Current Status (and Wiki Performance)

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Current Status (and Wiki Performance)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 23:53:58 +0100

Op Mon, 26 Dec 2016 10:39:07 -0500
schreef dww <address@hidden>:

> In the instructions it says to execute:
>
>       fakeroot debian/rules binary
>
> However some rules files do not have a binary target such as below

There's debhelper magic involved there. debian/rules includes
debhelper.mk, which in turn includes buildcore.mk and that defines a
default binary target.

> Also the instructions indicate that when the updated package is
> completed send it to the "List". Then later someone will do the
> do-update and push.  Will the same procedure be followed?

You will most likely make your changes in your own bzr branch. If you
let this mailing list know about a change, then we can review it and I
will merge it into the main branch from which Builder will update
itself.

> Alternatively, the one updating the package could do the do-update
> locally and push to the public repository?

To make sure that the public repository remains in a consistent state
it must be updated by a single Builder instance. So the best workflow
is to merge code changes to a master bzr branch and run the official
Builder from that code.