Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Current Status (and Wiki Performance)

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Current Status (and Wiki Performance)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 23:28:08 +0100

Op Sat, 24 Dec 2016 10:57:04 -0500
schreef dww <address@hidden>:

> Regarding the instructions to only modify a package, are the
> instructions in http://www.gnewsense.org/Builder/ModifyingANewPackage
> applicable?

Yes.

> If yes, it appears that there is not an automated way to extract the
> changes one made and generate the sed script for the gen script file?

The sed script needs to be manually written. If you like using patches
instead you can modify the package the Ucclia way first and then put
the patch in a here file in the gen script + some code to make quilt
aware of it.

> I suppose though the manual addition to the gen script would probably
> done once and rarely additional times?

Yes. We only change a gen script when upstream modifies something that
breaks it or when we have new insights that require further
modifications to a package.