Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Questions about trapezoids, triangle stripper etc.

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Questions about trapezoids, triangle stripper etc.
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:53:41 +0200

Hello Rob,

RS>    Since you're working on this anyway, I found a unknown style type
RS> with a value of 0x87. When exporting a Flash movie from OpenOffice
RS> Impress, it uses this style. Since it's currently not supported, it
RS> chokes Gnash.

Hmm, I only know about fill styles 0x00, 0x10, 0x12, 0x40 and
0x41. What SWF version is this? Maybe there is a bug in the parser and
that value is not a fill style?

Or, is that a line style? Note that at least in Flash 8 *lines* can have
gradients and such...

RS>    btw, the progress you're making on the framebuffer backend is great!
RS> I'm looking forward to when we can drop OpenGL as the default backend so
RS> I can run Gnash on my Sharp Zaurus.

I think it will take a while until the backend is *really* complete
(including caching and such).
However, shapes are already rendered in the same quality as Flash does
and the speed is promising. The AGG website even claims that the anti
aliasing should be even better.

Udo