Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Questions about trapezoids, triangle stripper etc.

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Questions about trapezoids, triangle stripper etc.
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:46:06 +0200

Hello strk,

s> You'll encounter fill_styles that take a bitmap_info (fill_style_bitmap).
s> Well, the bitmap_info is currently created by the renderer itself
s> from either image::rgb or image::rgba. bitmap_info is also what's cached
s> inside the definition. Could you take care of that part too ?
s> (the bitmap_info should be threated like the mesh_set for shapes)

Yes, probably. I will try to move everything that involves drawing to
to start in the renderer (including bitmaps).

BTW, I'm proceeding well. Simple, non intersecting shapes work well.
Now I really understand what's up with the two fill styles and why
GameSWF sorts the edges before drawing them (I'll have to write it
down so it may help other people to implement new renderers). I'll
have to reimplement it with a slightly different approach in the new
renderer and then any kind of shape should work. Other fill styles
than solid will follow then...

Udo