Re: [Fsfe-uk] Lobbying the Co-Op about their online banking

From: Chris Lale
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Lobbying the Co-Op about their online banking
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:35:58 +0100

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 17:20, Tom Chance wrote:

> > > * Research who to target in the Co-Op and how we should do it

> > > * Develop a strategy and timetable and start working on it

Something else that anyone can do is to contribute to the Co-op
Bank/Smile/CIS new Ethical Policy consultation at
http://www.smile.co.uk/ethics/question1.html

There is a space at the end of the questionaire for "Any other issues".
I wrote this comment (which could easily be improved, I am sure):

"Please consider a specific statement promoting the development and use
of Free (as in freedom, not price)/Libre/Open Source software. This is
already implied in "Justice and Labour Rights -encourage the promotion
of co-operative enterprises" and "Corporate Governance - challenge
companies to have strong safeguards against fraud, bribery and
corruption". Additionally, support the use of Free software (eg
Linux/Mozilla) on Co-operative Bank/Smile/CIS websites rather than just
MicroSoft monopoly technology (Windows/Internet Explorer)."

Chris
--
Chris Lale <address@hidden>