Re: [Fsfe-uk] Smile to become accessible with free software, perhaps

From: Chris Lale
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Smile to become accessible with free software, perhaps
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:28:13 +0100

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 18:03, MJ Ray wrote:
> Reading http://www.smile.co.uk/newbanking#5 makes me think smile may
> soon be accessible with free software, just like coop personal
> banking. (Following Andy Scheller news:cam.misc report.)

I have been using Debian (Woody and Sarge) and Mozilla to manage my
Smile account for a couple of years. The only niggle is the behaviour of
form widgets like data entry boxes and command buttons. I cannot give
them focus with the mouse pointer - I have to use the tab key instead.

I have never had any on-screen warnings.

I would be happy to join in a lobby of Smile about its lack of overt
support for Free software. Can anyone suggest a suitable approach?
--
Chris Lale <address@hidden>