Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003

From: PFJ
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003
Date: 30 Jun 2003 10:38:39 +0100

Hi,

> What I've seen of that troll (and others on ucol) seems to indicate that
> the worst of the damage is being done because idiots respond to the
> troll.  That's what killfiles (and 'scoring' as in slrn) are for.

Unfortunately (as I have found on ucol), the troll concerned seems to
enjoy skipping kill files/plonking (if you're using Pan) by changing his
posting name. He is also completely impervious to all attempts of gentle
humour, polite requests or anything else like that. If it is the same
troll as I'm thinking of, he has been up to his unique brand of justice
since 1995

> (And by using the 'N' word you invoke Godwin -- once that term is used
> pejoratively the rest of the discussion is meaningless.)

Unfortunately, I have a feeling Godwin wouldn't work - he would probably
try to use it against who ever attempted to invoke it...

The only way to stop this troll is either through the courts (which is
somewhere he will be at tomorrow) or by abuse reports to his ISP for his
continual abuses.

TTFN

Paul
--
Open your mind to a time where a company does not have control
Open your mind to a choice of applications which you can control