Re: [ft-devel] Browsing API docs locally, and other updates

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Browsing API docs locally, and other updates
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 14:58:33 +0200 (CEST)

> I have implemented this in docwriter with commit e113457
> <https://github.com/nikramakrishnan/freetype-docwriter/commit/e113457adcc230889416e832c1d6fb0164d60325>
> and this is available on the site. Examples are:
>
> https://www.dxdy.ooo/freetype-site/ft2-base_interface/#ft_load_xxx
>
> https://www.dxdy.ooo/freetype-site/ft2-base_interface/#ft_fstype_xxx
>
> I think these look OK along with the 2-column tables, because for
> smaller entries, a 2 column table might be easier to read.  However,
> for consistency, we could also change all entries to the new
> definition-style list.

Yes, please change all entries to the new definition-style list (i.e.,
with hanging indentation for the first line of each item, but perhaps
without indentation on the right side, which is unnecessary, I
believe).

> If I understood your suggestion correctly, the attached image is a
> rough idea of how it will look.

Thanks.  Not good.  Now I know that we need hanging indentation :-)

I'm not sure yet whether we should use everywhere

   FOO    bla bla bla ...

or

  FOO
    bla bla bla ...

Perhaps the former is better since it can save a lot of vertical
space.