Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 18:10:45 +0530

> Because we will now switch to markdown, we may have to be careful
> with the usage of asterisks.  They are used to begin points in
> unordered lists and wrap italics text.

OK.  This is something to be added to a forthcoming
`docs/DOCUMENTATION' file.  I invite you to write this while doing the
conversion process :-)

Sure! I will write this after I fix minor issues and get docwriter working
on the FreeType repository tree :-)

I have written a draft for this document, available at

  https://github.com/nikramakrishnan/freetype-docs/wiki/Documentation-Guidelines-for-The-FreeType-Project

This covers most details from the structure of the docs, to guidelines
on writing them in Markdown. I feel that reading this should be enough
for most developers to understand the documentation process.

Please have a look at it, and let me know if I missed something, and
suggest changes and additions!

--
Nikhil