Re: [fluid-dev] Config files ?

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Config files ?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:42:46 +0200

On 2014-08-24 16:34, Stefan Kost wrote:
I posted this previously. Having a specification where an application
should
look for soundfonts would be nice. This could be a fallback-path and an
environment variable (e.g. SF2_PATH). Right now I am have a heuristic
in my code:
https://github.com/Buzztrax/gst-buzztrax/blob/master/src/fluidsynth/fluidsynth.c#L729

https://github.com/Buzztrax/gst-buzztrax/blob/master/src/fluidsynth/fluidsynth.c#L293

In latest git head, there is a "synth.default-soundfont" option.

The fluidsynth executable uses it if you have not specified a midi
file but not a soundfont on the command line.

I am using fluidsynth as a library in a gstreamer plugin. Therefore it's
me who has to configure the synthfont to use. If we don't want to do
such a specification (of a sf2 path), this could also be inmplemented in
fluidsynth as a utility function. That spares apps to re-implement this.

Not sure exactly what you want such a utility function to do? Look for soundfonts in a set of directories?

The fluid_settings_getstr("synth.default-soundfont") gives you a filename that you can present to the user as a first soundfont suggestion - that the user should be able to override, of course.