Re: [fluid-dev] Config files ?

From: Stefan Kost
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Config files ?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:34:29 +0200

Am 24.08.2014 05:42, schrieb Peter Billam:
> Greetings,
>
> I keep wishing there was some little config file, maybe:
>   ~> cat ~/.fluidsynth/config
>   audio:
>     alsa
>   soundfonts:
>     /home/soundfonts/MyGM.sf2
>     /home/soundfonts/ReallyGoodPiano.sf2
>
> something like that.
> (In fact it would almost fit in an environment variable)
>
> Has any other fluidsynth app adopted a config file format
> (or environment variable) that I could adopt/reuse/share ?

I posted this previously. Having a specification where an application should
look for soundfonts would be nice. This could be a fallback-path and an
environment variable (e.g. SF2_PATH). Right now I am have a heuristic in my
code:
https://github.com/Buzztrax/gst-buzztrax/blob/master/src/fluidsynth/fluidsynth.c#L729
https://github.com/Buzztrax/gst-buzztrax/blob/master/src/fluidsynth/fluidsynth.c#L293

Stefan