Re: [fluid-dev] Config files ?

From: Peter Billam
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Config files ?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:53 +1000

David Henningsson wrote:
> There is also the "set" shell command, i e "set audio.driver alsa"
> instead of your "a = b" syntax.  ...
> Btw, looking at the code, the fluidsynth executable also seems
> to automatically run shell commands from ~/.fluidsynth and
> /etc/fluidsynth.conf. (The fluid_get_sysconf and fluid_get_userconf
> commands can be used to get these filenames.)

Ah, excellent !  I'll adopt all those :-)

Just what I needed.  Deprecate 1.2; hold on for 1.3.

> The problem is though that some things should be set before creating the
> synth (and other objects), such as which audio driver to use, and other
> things need to be done afterwards, such as which soundfonts to load.

Yup.  It's a solvable problem, though.

Many thanks,
Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au      address@hidden     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949