[fluid-dev] Small CPU stuttering fluidsynth

From: Carma Trepp
Subject: [fluid-dev] Small CPU stuttering fluidsynth
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:05:25 +0100

Hi all

I installed fluidsynth on my Open Pandora device. Its a device with a
800Mhz ARM CPU and 256MB RAM. I use the packages from the Angstrom
repositories. Version 1.0.8. My problem is I get stuttering noise
after play multiple notes.
I look at the command top and Fluidsynth use the CPU 100%. When I play
some notes fluidsynth use all CPU ressources. Even if I play nothing
with no soundfont loaded fluidsynth use 34% CPU. I know my device has
not much horsepower, but I hope to get fluidsynth ''fluid'' running.

Regards
Tashi