Re: [fluid-dev] Small CPU stuttering fluidsynth

From: Carma Trepp
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Small CPU stuttering fluidsynth
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 00:02:50 +0100

Hi Element

Thank you for your answer. I checked the device specifications from
the ARM Cortex A8. And it have two Floating Point Units, a
non-pipelined VFP-lite conforming to the IEEE754 standard for floating
point arithmetic and a pipelined SIMD NEON coprocessor. Source:
http://www.pandorawiki.org/Floating_Point_Optimization
Its interesting that fluidsynth use CPU at 34% when nothing plays. The
CPU itself is powerful. It runs PSX and N64 Emulation at fullspeed.

Regards
Tashi