Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:17:14 +0100

On 2003-06-23 22:15:01 +0100 Philippe C.D. Robert <philippe.robert@gmx.net> wrote:
It is the purpose of a contextual menu to be only valid in a certain context, it would break the concept of contextual menus to have them outside of the context, so what is your point here exactly ... ?

That context menus *are* more hidden than submenus. They have no visible access cue to the new user and cannot be made unhidden for multiple actions.

[...]
Regardless, moving to something visible is known to be faster than moving to something invisible. App menus that you use a lot can be made visible
for longer than a mouse click.
You do not want to understand, don't you? To mention it again, you do *not* move to an invisible menu, you point-click the object and the menu appears right below your mouse pointer, there is absolutely *no* mouse movement involved here!!!

Please tell me how to select an item from that menu without moving my mouse to an item on it!!! You do not want to understand, do you? To *USE* the menu rather than just display it, you have to move to an element that was not visible when you started! This is very slow!

Besides this does not interfere with the concept of app menus which are forced to stay visible!

I conjecture elsewhere that it does. Let's leave it from this subthread.

     http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
      Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."