Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:15:01 +0200

On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 10:09 PM, MJ Ray wrote:

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de> wrote:
On 23.06.2003 19:48:38 MJ Ray wrote:
Philippe C.D Robert <philippe.robert@gmx.net> wrote:
I do not, at least not intentionally. Contextual menus are as much
hidden as any other submenu of the app's menu.
How does one detach a context menu to make it continuously visible? I
do that often with submenus when I use them a lot.
Why should anyone want this? IMHO you did not understand contextual menus.

IMHO you did not understand the context of this question.  I reject the
assertion that context menus are only has hidden as submenus because
they cannot be made visible outside their temporary pop-up state.

It is the purpose of a contextual menu to be only valid in a certain context, it would break the concept of contextual menus to have them outside of the context, so what is your point here exactly ... ?

Huh? Surely you have to select it and then activate the menu, else it
would break the concept of "targeted actions"...
But you don't have to move the mouse to the menubar/application menus and
navigate through submenus

Regardless, moving to something visible is known to be faster than moving to something invisible. App menus that you use a lot can be made visible
for longer than a mouse click.

You do not want to understand, don't you? To mention it again, you do *not* move to an invisible menu, you point-click the object and the menu appears right below your mouse pointer, there is absolutely *no* mouse movement involved here!!!

Besides this does not interfere with the concept of app menus which are forced to stay visible!

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip