Re: RE : Horizontal menus.

From: Michael Hanni
Subject: Re: RE : Horizontal menus.
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:20:30 -0700 (PDT)

G'morning,

--- Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 09:52  pm, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
>
> > It seems  to me that it's simple  enought to gather all  the leaf menu
> > items on the main menu and move them automatically to an "Application"
> > menu if you have to have horizontal menu.
> >
> > If some perverse user wants  to have horizontal menu, the software can
> > do this transformation for him.  Note  that he will still want to have
> > a vertical menu as a pop-up menu anyway!
>
> My thoughts too.

Interestingly enough the one horizontal menu bundle that I am aware of does
exactly this (and has normal popup buttons to boot.)

I'd just like to go on record by saying that I am not offering to implement,
nor have I advocated the inclusion of, horizontal menus in GNUstep proper -- I
merely wanted to show it could be done, simply -- and, further, I am so very
appreciative of the flood of completely unwarranted emails I have endured for
simply writing some code with GNUstep.

Wonderful community, wonderful.

Cheers,

Michael