bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] feature request, new stable version planned

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] feature request, new stable version planned
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:40:05 +0200

On Fri, 18 May 2012 10:56:08 +0200, C. Meyer wrote:
> > You can do that via File->Open URL. Use the image sequence syntax of
> > FFmpeg, e.g. image-%03d.jpg.
>
> But how do I navigate to the folder(s) where my frames are.....

You currently have to type the folder name.

> > (I'm not trying to block each and every change, but I try to keep
> > changes minimal for a new stable version.)
>
> I can understand this and it's the right approach, but I think we are
> talking about basic functionality a S3D video player must have.

I think both features are certainly nice to have in special
situations such as yours, but they are in no way basic functionality.
Most users will never need to open frame series or flip/flop the input,
since finished videos never require this.

So I'm sure we can add these things in the future if someone writes
the patches, and if these patches don't break any existing
functionality they can even go into the next stable release.
I just don't think they are essential, and I currently don't plan to
work on them myself.

> My intention is to help you improve your software - I am sure you
> know the stereoscopic player by Peter Wimmer, right? - this sets the
> standard ;-) !

Actually I never used this software, and I am not personally
interested in making Bino compete with it or imitate it.

But of course other people have other interests, and Bino can grow in
any direction as long as someone writes the necessary patches.
Contributions are welcome!

Martin