bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] feature request, new stable version planned

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] feature request, new stable version planned
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 07:24:53 +0200

Hello Christian!

On Tue, 15 May 2012 15:53:26 +0200, C. Meyer wrote:
> I have a feature request for the stable release. I really would
> appreciate if I can open frame sequences in the gui.

You can do that via File->Open URL. Use the image sequence syntax of
FFmpeg, e.g. image-%03d.jpg.

> Additionally I think flipping and flopping should be more flexibel -
> it should be possible not only in fullscreen and LE & RE picture must
> be both flippable and floppable.
>
> I review a lot of footage right from the shooting with my
> beamsplitter rig, before we continue to postproduction, and this
> means that at least one eye is flipped, depending on the rig beeing
> used. Therefor I need the ability to freely flip and flop.....

The fullscreen flip/flop functions are intended for special video output
devices/setups. Bino assumes that the video input is always correctly
oriented.

So this functionality was not intended for your very special use case.
Bino is not currently usable as a production tool. Also, shouldn't
your rig provide functionality to correct the orientation of your
images?

(I'm not trying to block each and every change, but I try to keep
changes minimal for a new stable version.)

Regards,
Martin