Re: [Adonthell-devel] Got it working!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Got it working!
Date: 26 Apr 2002 12:21:32 +0200

> > Ooops. Right. This is because I've copied it into my Wastesedge CVS
> > sandbox. Where will this file eventually go? When is it generated?
> > Does it get properly installed already?
>
> Yeah, although it is a little bit messy. It sits in the
> src/tools/dlgedit directory, and 'make install' will cp it to src/, run
> 'adonthell -c' on it and finally install it to <datadir>/modules.

src/tools/dlgedit? It should be moved to a more convenient place, I'd
say. I guess that it is not generated in any way but hand-written,
right? src/ should be fine then. Maybe even src/modules, if we clean a
bit our source mess :)

> Maybe we should make a modules subdir in src/ where we put all modules
> that come with the engine. Those created by SWIG could also go there.
> What do you think?

Ah, see. Just thought the same thing (I'm reading/replying ;)) Agreed.

> > Ah, could you please post a .zip patch against the adonthell for
> > windows binary, containing all the missing files (sre.py, dialog.py
> > and such) somewhere? I can only place wastesedge's cvs for now, as I'm
> > at univ, and can't access neither dialog.py nor the other Windows
> > Python files. That way, following my initial instructions + applying
> > your patch should make the game run, and Ben'll be able to play this
> > weekend ;)
>
> Yeah, I'll do that after I got some lunch.

Thanks! See my other mail about what to *actually* do ;)

> Btw, I found that the jelom_2nd dialogue was buggy. I have corrected it.
> Shall I upload that as well, or can you get a fresh CVS checkout before
> uploading?

I just did a checkout here at univ, make dist and created a zip. Just
checked again, I have the latest jelom_2nd. What was wrong with it?

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org