Re: [Adonthell-devel] Got it working!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Got it working!
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:07:10 +0200

On 26 Apr 2002 11:49:49 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Right. Excepted maybe, site.py and others, which are loaded during
> Py_Initialize.

Now I know why I got an error that site.py wasn't found after moving
stuff to modules/. ;)

> Ooops. Right. This is because I've copied it into my Wastesedge CVS
> sandbox. Where will this file eventually go? When is it generated?
> Does it get properly installed already?

Yeah, although it is a little bit messy. It sits in the
src/tools/dlgedit directory, and 'make install' will cp it to src/, run
'adonthell -c' on it and finally install it to <datadir>/modules.

Maybe we should make a modules subdir in src/ where we put all modules
that come with the engine. Those created by SWIG could also go there.
What do you think?

> Ah, could you please post a .zip patch against the adonthell for
> windows binary, containing all the missing files (sre.py, dialog.py
> and such) somewhere? I can only place wastesedge's cvs for now, as I'm
> at univ, and can't access neither dialog.py nor the other Windows
> Python files. That way, following my initial instructions + applying
> your patch should make the game run, and Ben'll be able to play this
> weekend ;)

Yeah, I'll do that after I got some lunch.

Btw, I found that the jelom_2nd dialogue was buggy. I have corrected it.
Shall I upload that as well, or can you get a fresh CVS checkout before
uploading?