Re: [Adonthell-devel] Got it working!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Got it working!
Date: 26 Apr 2002 11:49:49 +0200

> After feeding it a couple of additional modules and stuff, I got
> Adonthell running under win2k.
>
> Here's the list of modules I had to add:
>
> re.py
> sre.py
> sre_compile.py
> sre_constants.py
> sre_parse.py
> types.py
>
> They were all needed by warnings.py. I also had to add
>
> _sre.lib, which is obviously a library the above modules load at
> runtime. I copied everything into the modules directory, and it
> works very well. I suggest that all python modules we include go
> into that directory rather than into the toplevel dir.

Right. Excepted maybe, site.py and others, which are loaded during
Py_Initialize.

> Oh, and you also forgot to include dialogue.py, which is needed by
> the dialogue engine.

Ooops. Right. This is because I've copied it into my Wastesedge CVS
sandbox. Where will this file eventually go? When is it generated? Does
it get properly installed already?

> Another thing is saving games. The thumbnail pic is sorta messed
> up. Could it be that there is the magic "wb" missing somewhere?
> Otherwise, saving/loading is working fine. For some reasons, save
> games end up in games/wastesedge instead of the toplevel
> directory. Or is that intentional?

Hum, the thumbails are propably wrong due a a missing "wb", I'll look
into that. The games shouldn't end up in games/wastesedge - guess I've
messed a bit with the different directories.

Ah, could you please post a .zip patch against the adonthell for windows
binary, containing all the missing files (sre.py, dialog.py and such)
somewhere? I can only place wastesedge's cvs for now, as I'm at univ,
and can't access neither dialog.py nor the other Windows Python files.
That way, following my initial instructions + applying your patch should
make the game run, and Ben'll be able to play this weekend ;)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org