Re: [Adonthell-devel] Partly merging v0.4 back

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Partly merging v0.4 back
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:54:34 +0200

I did some more work on merging code back to 0.3. As the new dlgedit is
using the new game class, I ported that back to 0.3 as well. I moved all
the initialization from the old game class to the main function, as that
seemed to be the proper place for the stuff. Besides, it's okay if
main.cc depends on all different engine subsystems.

The only part of the code (apart from dlgedit) that makes use of the new
game class is python::init () for now. We can make better use of it
anytime though, but first of all I just wanted everything to compile and
run.

As that is the case at the moment, while at the same time the 0.3.1 data
is still compatible, I decided to commit the stuff prior to including
i18n.

As for the general proceedings: I think we should try to do as much
development in the main branch as possible. Of course, completely new
stuff like the mapengine or window system rewrite has to happen
seperately. But everything that involves only little changes (and will
work with the 0.3 data) needs no extra branch. After all, code in CVS
isn't really meant for the public, so it doesn't matter if it is not
always working.

Is that okay?