New window system [Was: Re: [Adonthell-devel] dialogue compiler and rela

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: New window system [Was: Re: [Adonthell-devel] dialogue compiler and related issues]
Date: 06 Apr 2002 11:57:53 +0200

> > Guess your today's mail answers the 0.3 merge ;) Yeah, we definitely
> > should. I'll also ask Jol to concentrate on the TT font stuff. AFAIK,
> > he's been busy with window stuff and should commit something nice this
> > evening.
>
> Yeah, I've just tried them out :). It's cool, though it crashes if you
> try to move the window outside the view. But still, mouse input works
> like a charm, and the window system seems to come along nicely as well!

Ah, f*ck! That's really excellent work, Jol! :) You can move & resize
the window, close it (it closes the application) and it works
flawlessly! The outscreen crash can easily be fixed by using a
drawing_area. Of course, actual windows won't be a set of lines, but
themes as before ;) Other problems include:
-You can resize a windows "negatively" horizontally (that is, it gets
inverted if you resize it to the left too much)
-It crashes it you reduce the vertical size of the window too much.

Nothing serious though, and I'm very glad to see how well it turned out
(I'm the most impressed that the mouse input is working properly, too
;))

I've talked with Jol, who will now work to finish the font stuff. It
really shouldn't be hard to convert the old ones to TT.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org