[Adonthell-devel] Partly merging v0.4 back

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Partly merging v0.4 back
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:36:46 +0200

I've started merging part of the road_to_0-4 branch back into v0.3. I
also finally sent a message to Josh/Ryan, so we can make the wastesedge
CVS available at Savannah.

Once I'll have the new dialogue engine working in the v0.3 branch and
the data in sync (dialogues need recompiling, other scripts need their
strings marked for i18n, etc.) I'll commit the stuff, but not earlier.

That's just to keep you informed. The actual reason for this mail is to
rant about merging the branch back ;). It wasn't that awful after all
(just 2 conflicts), but we'll have to be careful later on. As I've only
merged dlgedit and the root directory with po and intl subdirs, it gets
tricky. Reason is, if you merge the complete branch later on, all those
files I merged back now will conflict! Therefore, I tagged the branch
(road_to_0-4-1). Once we merge everything, part of the source tree has
to be merged with the complete branch, whereas other parts should be
merged with everything that comes after the road_to_0-4-1 tag to avoid
conflicts. Confused yet?

See the cvsbook available at http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/, chapter
'Going Out On A Limb (How To Work With Branches And Survive)' for a
(better) explanation.

Cheers,