Re: [Adonthell-devel] Partly merging v0.4 back

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Partly merging v0.4 back
Date: 07 Apr 2002 12:58:24 +0200

> I did some more work on merging code back to 0.3. As the new dlgedit is
> using the new game class, I ported that back to 0.3 as well. I moved all
> the initialization from the old game class to the main function, as that
> seemed to be the proper place for the stuff. Besides, it's okay if
> main.cc depends on all different engine subsystems.

'make' seems to fail if you run it from the root of the package. As it
is related to the i18n stuff, can you have a look?

> As for the general proceedings: I think we should try to do as much
> development in the main branch as possible. Of course, completely new
> stuff like the mapengine or window system rewrite has to happen
> seperately. But everything that involves only little changes (and will
> work with the 0.3 data) needs no extra branch. After all, code in CVS
> isn't really meant for the public, so it doesn't matter if it is not
> always working.

That's right. Actually, our branch policy was wrong, for the reasons you
explained in your previous mail. We should have done one branch for the
new map engine, one for the new window system, and one for the new
dialog system. That way when we merge stuff back we don't have to worry
about which tag to merge from - it would always be the last. Hopefully
we won't confuse too much with it, but it's good to know for the next
time!

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org