Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:19:39 +0200

On 05 Apr 2002 08:42:51 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Ah, you're right. Works much better after an alias. What shall we do
> then? Drop support for autoconf 2.13? Anyway this is only needed for
> developers, so that'd not be that serious.

Yeah, I think we should do that. The configure script created by 2.53 is
much nicer (more informative at least), and I guess it makes sense to
keep up with development. We have to switch one day, so we may as well
do it now.

I've seen a macro allowing you to specify the minimum version of
autoconf. It probably exists in older versions too, so we can easily
restrict that to > 2.50 and people with an old autoconf will get a
message telling them to upgrade to a newer autoconf. (Happened to me
once.)