viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Time to move to Mutt?

From: John Stoffel
Subject: Re: [VM] Time to move to Mutt?
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 17:23:13 -0400

And the other issue I notice is that when I do 'L'
(vm-list-imap-folders)  in VM to view my
various folders to see which have new email on my server (based on
dovecot) I seem to be getting lots of new emails marked SEEN, so I
don't always notice when I actually have new emails.  Frustrating.

I did try updating VM to search for the flags in a different way, but
that just broke things even more.  I suspect it's my iPhone mail
client also interacting badly.

I need to chase this down with the dovecot developers to see if they
know why this is happening.

So not (probably) a VM problem, but annoying enough that it's making
me think of moving.