tlf-devel

Re: Documentation Updating

From: Alan Dove
Subject: Re: Documentation Updating
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 15:12:58 -0500

Hey, folks:

Ervin, I can't read a word of Hungarian, but I'll trust that you've
done fine work there. I don't favor splitting the documentation into a
separate project. Let's keep it in the main Github repository and try
to stick with (or move things into) Markdown for the reasons already
outlined. I'm fine with keeping the man pages separate from the
Markdown documentation, as it does make some sense to expect people to
use the two types of references differently.

My focus so far has been to consolidate as much of the information as
possible into as few files as seems sensible. I've overhauled the main
README.md and INSTALL.md, and have now created doc/Manual.md, where
I've pasted the text from the separate files that used to be in that
directory. I'll hold off filing a pull request until I've done at least
one more editing pass through everything.

--
          --Alan (AB1XW)

--
Alan Dove, Ph.D.