tlf-devel

Re: Documentation Updating

From: Alan Dove
Subject: Re: Documentation Updating
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 12:01:11 -0500

Tom and Nick:

This is off to a great start. I have a bit of spare time today and am
starting to work through the files. I'm already working in Markdown so
the files will display well on Github, and so far I've edited
doc/INSTALL and am just about done drafting a quick start guide in
doc/README (now INSTALL.md and README.md). The idea of using Markdown-
based files from the repository as the definitive documentation source
sounds great to me.

The next step will be to start consolidating the scattered
documentation from the other files into a Manual.md file, which will
provide full documentation for the features. The man page is indeed a
huge help, and I'll refer to the old .html documentation as well to
avoid destroying any relevant information.

--
          --Alan (AB1XW)

--
Alan Dove, Ph.D.