Re: [Texmacs-dev] bibliographic data in documents

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] bibliographic data in documents
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:02:15 +0100

Hi,

- I'd really like to embed bibliography data in documents. Keeping a separate
bibtex file is cumbersome and makes sharing and storing documents more tedious.

- I also think it'd be interesting to support basic database features in
TeXmacs (for instance via a simple interface to sqlite as we discussed) and I
like the features Joris proposes.

- I don't like the idea of trying to develop a complete bibliography manager
inside TeXmacs. Not because it wouldn't be cool (*especially* if one could
annotate PDF documents in TeXmacs format, that would totally sell me into it),
but because it would be so much work it would never be as good as a dedicated
bibliography manager, even if it was better in some respects. Or so I fear.
Also, aiming for a sophisticated system effectively sets completion time to
"very distant future".

Maybe some compromise can be found?

Best,