[Texmacs-dev] bibliographic data in documents

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] bibliographic data in documents
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:32:50 +0100

Hi,
 I would like to ask your opinion about the possibility of having bibliographic
data embedded in the document instead of having them in a separate bib file.
Personally, when using LaTeX I avoid to have bibtex files around, I find better
to have the data inside the TeX file using the amsrefs package
(http://www.ams.org/publications/authors/tex/amsrefs)  and I manage my
bibliographic database using Zotero (http://www.zotero.org) which does not rely
on bibtex files at all. This has the advantage that the TeX file does not need
a separate bib file to run and also allow some more flexibility like having
multiple bibliographies in the same file (for example this is useful in a cv
where you have a list of your papers and maybe a list of external references,
or various lists of your papers according to different research subjects).
BibTeX is more rigid about this.

What  you think about including in TeXmacs the possibility of having the
bibliographic data inside the document and maybe also the possibility to export
a LaTeX file using amsrefs instead of bibtex.

Best
Max