Re: [Texmacs-dev] bibliographic data in documents

From: Andrea Gamba
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] bibliographic data in documents
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:02:41 +0100

Hi Massimiliano,

I think that the possibility of having the bibliographic data embedded is interesting, but should be provided as an alternative, and the possibility to use bibtex files should be preserved. Bibtex files are a well-established standard and many of us use them consistently for cataloguing bibliographic data. I, for instance, have catalogued thousands of items this way, and would not like to be forced to convert them to another format.

I find it really convenient to have centralized bibtex files that can be used to provide smaller bibtex files via tools like pybcompact. I would very much appreciate the possibility to still make reference to a centralized bibtex file, but to be able to generate a bibtex-indipendent file (perhaps using amsrefs as you propose) only in the end, by selecting some item in the texmacs menu.

Best,
Andrea