Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:55:18 +0200

Am Die, den 30.09.2003 schrieb Panu Matilainen um 09:42:

> It'd be nice if there was a distro-selection menu (see my other post, the
> possible distro values aren't tied to stable/testing/unstable at all) hidden
> in
> advanced tab per package to enable permanent pinning for a given package, and
> global preference like there is now. That takes care of 2) but how to make 1)
> easy and obvious .. well, dunno.

While trying to get rid of the action buttons (remove, keep, install)
and so moving to a more object oriented way of package status management
I had the idea of replacing the buttons with version radio buttons.

This could be a way of including the release selection, too. But I don't
know if this is really usable in daily life. The actions should still be
available in a menu or toolbar.

A mockup is attached.

Sebastian