Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection

From: Guillaume Pratte
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 00:25:42 -0400

> > I am using a Debian installation made with Knoppix, so my packages are a
> > mix from both testing and unstable distributions.
>
> What version of synpatic do you use right now?

Synaptic 0.43.

> > [...] the only thing missing in my opinion in Synaptic
> > would be distribution selection, i.e. beeing able to select between
> > stable, testing, unstable and experimental [...]
>
> This is probably much more work than it looks at first :) There are
> quite a few tricky issues that need to be solved first, before
> synaptic can fully support distribution selection. So, I put it on my
> TODO list, but I can make any promise when it might be ready.

Thanks.

> Help with adding this feature is very welcome though :)

I get the message ;-) I am not available for now to take any more
responsabilities than I already have (work, personnals projects, daily life,
...) but if see the oportunity to lend a hand I will let you know.

Guillaume Pratte

PS: When I talk about personnal projects, I talk about
http://www.soireevideo.org/ and http://www.dmi.usherb.ca/minvaders/en/