Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection

From: Guillaume Pratte
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:46:21 -0400

Some quick comments about the UI :

 - If the "Expert" tab only contains options for "Distribution", then maybe it
should be renamed "Distribution"? I would not know what to do with the
existing "Distribution:" tag though...

 - The "ignore" default release is labeled as "always use the latest package
version", but apt-get with more than one "branch" does not behave this way.
It always use the most stable version available, so if you have both testing
and unstable sources, it will use testing packages unless "-t unstable" is
specified. So maybe the label should be renamed "Default (Use the most stable
version available)"?

 - The "If you have more than ..." sentence if missing the period at the end.

 - Same thing for the "Note:" text. May I suggest some modifications?

  "Note : After changing the default release the package list needs to be
reloaded and all selections will be lost. Make sure to commit your changes
first."

The user might not be aware of what the "cache" is, so I refer to it as the
"package list".

I will do some testing tomorrow.

Guillaume Pratte