Re: WG: [Swarm-Support] Compiling swarm-2.1.148.20040122

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: WG: [Swarm-Support] Compiling swarm-2.1.148.20040122
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:19:10 -0500

Giovanni,

The test for setting OBJC is very simple, it just looks someting like this:

test -n "$OBJC" || OBJC="$CC"

Now I do see that there is a bug fix related to this code commited back around Feb. 15, so I wonder if maybe your source code is older. Anyways, I think you can work around the problem by defining OBJC yourself when calling configure.

OBJC=gcc ; ./configure

or maybe like this depending upon what shell you use.

./configure OBJC=gcc

cheers
Scott

Giovanni Maniscalco Basile wrote:

Dear Bill,

I renamed the gcc in /usr/local/bin, but the error doesn't change.

The two gccs belonged to the same version: 3.3.1.

Now what? I attach the new config.log and Makefile.

Thanks

Gianni