Re: [Swarm-Support] Windows swarm

From: amores nolikeyjunk
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Windows swarm
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:51:47 +0000

Hi,

Thanks. The User variables in "Environmental Variables" are as below:

HOME C:\Documents and Settings\Li An
PATH C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02\bin
SWARMDIR C:\Swarm-2.1.1
TEMP C:\Documents and Settings\Li An\Local Settings/Temp
TMP C:\Documents and Settings\Li An\Local Settings/Temp

Is that OK? Appreciate any comments and suggestions.

The test problem (which you see when you invoke the cygwin bash, which is what happens when you dlick on the "terminal" icon in the swarm-2.1.1 binary program group) arises because you have a space in the directory name "...\Documents and Settings". (This took me a little while to figure out, and I was misled thinking it was a binary vs. test-mode mount
problem at first.)

I don't think I found any fix except to move the stuff to a directory without spaces; which is anyway likely the best idea. But, possibly amending the path, at least under cygnus, to say, eg "\Documents\ and\ Settings" where it says "Documents and Settings" will do the trick. But, I think that simply moving everything to a path with no spaces is probably easier
than monkeying with this kind of backslash protection.

However, I have actually never been able to get swarm working at all, and got depressed about it and haven't tried for quite some time. I think the last result I got, was having 2.1.1 binary installed (on MS-Windows), and I could compile heatbugs, but
when the heatbugs.exe was run, it resulted in a GPF.

Cordially,

Perry