Re: [Swarm-Support] Windows swarm

From: amores nolikeyjunk
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Windows swarm
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 20:00:37 +0000

Hi,

Thanks. The User variables in "Environmental Variables" are as below:

HOME C:\Documents and Settings\Li An
PATH C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02\bin
SWARMDIR C:\Swarm-2.1.1
TEMP C:\Documents and Settings\Li An\Local Settings/Temp
TMP C:\Documents and Settings\Li An\Local Settings/Temp

Is that OK? Appreciate any comments and suggestions.

The test problem (which you see when you invoke the cygwin bash, which is what happens when you dlick on the "terminal" icon in the swarm-2.1.1 binary program group) arises because you have a space in the directory name "...\Documents and Settings". (This took me a little while to figure out, and I was misled thinking it was a binary vs. test-mode mount
problem at first.)

Darn it, now I can't recall what the problem is, except that it has to do with the spaces in "Documents and Settings". I think it relates to the HOME variable, and I believe that I found that setting my "home directory" in the /etc/passwd
did not work, but that cygnus insisted on using the HOME variable.

Wish I had more coherent information to report about this.

Cordially,

Perry