Re: [Swarm-Support] Windows swarm

From: amores nolikeyjunk
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Windows swarm
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:57:51 +0000

I have downloaded both swarm 2.1.1 and java 1.4.2 (JDK) into my windows and found the following problems: (1) When I opened the terminal, there was a warning: "test: too many arguments". (2) It seems the java things cannot be found after issuing a swarm command (such as javaswarm Start): "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: swarm/SwarmEnvironmentImpl".
(3) It does not recognize unix commands such as lp, more.

cygnus includes the "less" command, which is a more powerful replacement for the traditional "more" command. So, type, eg, $ "do fancy stuff | less" rather than your accustomed $ "do fancy stuff | more", or else, make an alias so that "more" expands to "less" (this is a
very common practice, this particular alias).

(I can't speak to configuring printing under cygnus.)

Cordially,

Perry