El Farol models online for both Obj-C and Java

From: pauljohn
Subject: El Farol models online for both Obj-C and Java
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:40:47 -0500

Pietro's announcement of the app using ptplot reminded me that
I've been sitting on another program that uses ptplot.

In Swarm's users-contrib/anarchy ftp or in my site:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/MySwarmCode

you can find these:

ElFarol-1.0.tar.gz:   An objective-C version of the El Farol
model
JelFarol-1.0.tar.gz:  A java version of the El Farol model

Here are their README files, to pique your interest.

ElFarol-1.0
Paul Johnson
July 20, 2001

Rick Riolo had code for a program called "ef", short for El
Farol. It
used the UM Exp tools library for parameter managemetn and
random numbers.

Since those functions can now be handled with Swarm, and users
were
confused about how to use UM Exp Tools, I asked my student Katie
Lofton to revise this program to replace the UM Exp Tools