Problem running javaswarm

From: Tope Olukemi
Subject: Problem running javaswarm
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:43:32 +0100

Hi,

I'm having a problem running javaswarm on a Solaris 2.7 machine.
I initially installed the binaries and when I tried to run jheatbugs I got
the following error:

Exception caught: kaffeswarm: file not found
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native function:
swarm/SwarmEnvironment.initSwarm(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/l
ang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)V
        at StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:15)

I checked my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it appeared to be ok. Then I decided to
compile Swarm from source. I did this twice, once using Kaffe as the jdkdir
and the second time using Sun's J2SE 1.3 as the jdkdir. In both instances I
still got the same error when running jheatbugs, though in the second case
the error message reported that javaswarm could not be found. In each case I
ran the javaswarm script alone without any arguments and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
checked out fine.