RE: MapImpl

From: Fred Wan
Subject: RE: MapImpl
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:44:21 +0200

> Java compareTo method when it is available.  Thus, it is now possible to
> use "new Integer (1)" and have it compare as equal to other "new
> Integer (1)" objects and less/greater-than "new Integer (0)" or "new
> Integer (2)".  This is in today's source snapshot and Windows DLL
> & jar file.

With the latest dll and jar files installed I get the following error at
start up:

address@hidden/cygdrive/h/swarm/java/A3DMAS27] $ javaswarm StartSimpleBug
error: GUISwarm (class)
GUISwarm does not recognize getTypeImplemented
      0 [sig] Kaffe 1051 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to
Kaffe.exe.stackdump

I'm again resorting to a less recent version.

I also experience problems when iterating my simulation for an extended
period of time (on an 'old' version of swarm). After 20000 to 70000
iterations it crashes with the following message on NT:

address@hidden/cygdrive/h/swarm/java/BATCH] $Internal error: caught an
unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/NullPointerException
      0 [sig] Kaffe 1137 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to
Kaffe.exe.stackdump
address@hidden/cygdrive/h/swarm/java/BATCH] $

and on Solaris:

# # An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the
VM.# Program counter=0xf47df0f0
#
# Problematic Thread: prio=5 tid=0x28290 nid=0x1 runnable
#
Abort - core dumped
*** Error code 134
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `run'

It seems strange to me that the crashes occur after so many timesteps and
that they never occur after the same number of timesteps. Does anyone have
an idea what could be the problem? Does it look like a problem with swarm or
with my code?

Thanks,

Fred Wan.