rpm question

From: Ken Gosier
Subject: rpm question
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 04:51:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hopefully an easy question on the rpm's:

I installed the rh6.2 rpm. When I query rpm, I get

swarm-hdf5-2.1.1-1.rh6

(Many thanks to Paul Johnson for providing these, btw.)

Question: As far as I understand, this rpm installs headers
and libraries, but not the actual source itself. If I want
to get the source, it seems like there are 2 options:

1) Install the source rpm from

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/SRPMS/

If I can do this, would it just be a case of downloading
this rpm and issuing

rpm -ivh <srpm filename>

Then it would just install the source files alone, not
overwriting the headers/libraries already there?

2) Get the source tarball from

http://www.swarm.org/release-swarm.html

and do an install from the source.

Many thanks for any help and guidance--